About Me

My photo
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I have been on a spiritual path to awakening, as I am sure many of you are who have come to read my blog. I believe that I am Divinely guided, and can provide information that will be beneficial for some, and entertaining for others. I live my life with passion and integrity; one of my passions is doing research in the area of Wellbeing; Mind, Body and Spirit. This encompasses many topics. Through out the years, I have obtained a great deal of information on topics regarding Mind, Body and Spirit; however, when I was younger, I had no idea as to why I was gaining this knowledge or even what to do with it. It was not until I started paying attention to family, friends, and acquaintances, who were grateful, as well, as benefited from this information that I would so freely give. At times I am sure I was a little over bearing. Update: I am back. I have been through some fun, and challenging years, and gained new knowledge not only of myself, but health and spirit as well. So, my blog will be sharing a collection of eclectic fun, inspiring, joyful tidbits of information. Thank you in advance for reading, and please leave a comment. In Love and Light. Joyfulenergy@me.com

Monday, September 5, 2011

Can Viewing This Box Be Detrimental To Your Health???

Greetings from Joyful Energy.

Many of you may not like what I have to say in this post; however, I feel it is important to get the word out.  It is for you to decide what to do with this information.

Football season is upon us, and winter is on the horizon once again, therefore there will be many more couch potatoes out there; so I got to thinking...how aware are you of the dangers of being glued to the idiot box, not just for you but, for your children as well.

A new study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine shows that every hour of TV watched by people age 25 or over equates to a 22-minute reduction in life expectancy.

Researchers suggest that spending just two hours a day in front of the TV raises your risk of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease by 20 percent. Add another hour to your viewing time, and you also significantly raise your risk of premature death from any cause...

What about our precious loved ones...our children and grandchildren; how many of their hours are spent in front of the tube? I don't think this stimulates their brain, more like induces coma..that maybe a little harsh, but think about it.


It seems as if some homes have a viewing box in every room. Mom...the kitchen, the kids bedrooms..the play room, as well as some dinning rooms....I am sure dad has one in the "Man Cave"....


...some are even in bathrooms...seriously?


Little do you know that watching TV has a major impact on brain Chemistry...the longer time you spend watching...the easier your brain can slip into a passive mode.


 I call it unknown "Brain Washing"...after all wasn't America brainwashed for war? I know...this may be a little radical, but I am just trying to make a point.

...and aren't our advertising companies having a hay day...they tell our young girls how they should look, act, and what kinds of clothes, and makeup to wear, as well, as they are exposed to slue of sexual suggestions.

...and our men and young boys are bombarded by images of how are teen girls and women should look...it is in music videos...commercials and shows on TV....SEX sells. So what are they buying?


What about the violence that is witnessed by our kids on TV... almost daily...even in cartoons. Cartoons are big part of a child's entertainment...please think about it.

...how easily...our children are influenced!


Do we even have a clue what watching the nightly news, before going to bed does to us and our sleep?


Besides the fact that many hours of TV watching  is effecting your mental health, it also is effecting your physical health...when you are spending time watching the boob tube (wonder why they call it that?) you are not being physical, and chances are, while watching you are mindlessly eating unhealthy foods; therefore chances of getting Diabetes as well as cardiac and other diseases increase.


not to mention you miss out on valuable time creating memories with family and friends.

Well...I believe I have made my point....I hope you get the idea.

In my opinion, we would all be much better off...just by limiting the time spent watching mindless TV. I say..step away from the box, and into this.

or this
or this
or my favorite...dance...either by yourself

or with someone

There are so many other ways to spend your GOD giving gift...time.

In closing, I say: Please turn off the box once in while, and create your own reality, and let the children of the world create theirs, and  please...please, don't put an infant in front of the boob tube.

Thanks for reading!

In love and light...
Joyful Energy




















 



 


1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I remarked "Wow" on POF. I was intrigued by your profile.
    After reading this blog and your blogger profile I am even more intrigued and fascinated by you.
    I have AWAKENED.
    I was a type 1 diabetic for 27 years.
    Suffered from all the medical consequences one could obtain from Type 1 foremost being kidney failure and eye problems.
    After my double transplant in 2006 I am no longer a diabetic nor need dialysis.
    I suffer from severe depressive disorder and sleep apnea.
    Also been diagnosed with sever peripheral neuropathy throughout my body.
    Understanding now how are minds, body and surroundings are all intertwined on are well being.
    I try to jog/run daily.
    Currently back at college taking drawing, ceramics and sculpture.
    I love to learn.
    After my surgery, I went back to colllege and obtained an associated sin science degree.
    Keep up all your inspiring work
    Keep blogging
    Your POF friend
    Steven Robert Wood
    Pls add me on facebook

    ReplyDelete