About Me

My photo
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I have been on a spiritual path to awakening, as I am sure many of you are who have come to read my blog. I believe that I am Divinely guided, and can provide information that will be beneficial for some, and entertaining for others. I live my life with passion and integrity; one of my passions is doing research in the area of Wellbeing; Mind, Body and Spirit. This encompasses many topics. Through out the years, I have obtained a great deal of information on topics regarding Mind, Body and Spirit; however, when I was younger, I had no idea as to why I was gaining this knowledge or even what to do with it. It was not until I started paying attention to family, friends, and acquaintances, who were grateful, as well, as benefited from this information that I would so freely give. At times I am sure I was a little over bearing. Update: I am back. I have been through some fun, and challenging years, and gained new knowledge not only of myself, but health and spirit as well. So, my blog will be sharing a collection of eclectic fun, inspiring, joyful tidbits of information. Thank you in advance for reading, and please leave a comment. In Love and Light. Joyfulenergy@me.com

Thursday, September 22, 2016

DO YOU EVER FEEL THAT YOUR STOMACH IS ATTACKING YOU?

DISCLAIMER

Please note that I am not a physician: This blog contains general information about medical conditions and treatments.  The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such, please do your own research, and seek the advice of your health care professional. I am not responsible for any of your health care decisions.  


 Good Evening My Beautiful Readers,

I am always thinking about what my next blog post should be. As Rumi says:


Every morning in Pray/Meditation, I ask to be guided to someone who may benefit from my sharing of information, or who can I inspire today? My answer today, was when a friend asked me to share some alternative ways to treat an ulcer. I did respond, that is not all in my head right now, but I will have it tomorrow.

H Pylori

Research as shown that some, not all ulcers, maybe due to a bacteria- called Helicobacter pylori.
Not such a cute little critter:Image result for images of helicobacter pylori

Per Wikipedia: Helicobacter pylori, previously Campylobacter pylori, is a gram-negative, microaerophilic bacterium found usually in the stomach. It was identified in 1982 by Australian scientists Barry Marshall and Robin Warren, who found that it was present in a person with chronic gastritis and gastric ulcers, conditions not previously believed to have a microbial cause. It is also linked to the development of duodenal ulcers and stomach cancer. However, over 80% of individuals infected with the bacterium are asymptomatic, and it may play an important role in the natural stomach ecology.

Do you suffer from any of these symptoms? If so, you may have H pylori.

Image result for h pylori symptoms

While there are two schools of thought with regards to this bacteria, there are treatments.



I will first give you what main stream medical recommendations or protocol are:



With our growing antibiotic resistance, some antibiotics just don't due the trick.

Now for the second thought: Some research studies done worldwide  confirm that peptic ulcers and gastritis are caused and mediated by free radicals, and to justify using natural antioxidants to treat them. All of these studies pointed to the correctness of this assumption.

All of these studies clearly confirm that gastric and duodenal ulcers are primarily caused by oxidative stress and free radical damage. If our diet is supplemented by natural antioxidants, we provide the stomach lining with the much-needed protection from the ulcer-causing effects of free radicals. As was already noted above, particularly good results with alleviating gastric pain and eventually healing gastritis and peptic ulcers have been achieved with the use of extra virgin pine nut oil.

1. Dr. Martin Blaser. An Endangered Species in the Stomach. Scientific American, Feb 2005, pp. 38-45.
2 . Demir S, Yilmaz M, Koseoglu M, Akalin N, Aslan D, Aydin A. The Role of Free Radicals in Peptic Ulcers and Gastritis. Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology, 2003 Mar;14(1):39-43.

3. Santra A, Chowdhury A, Chaudhury S, et. al. Oxidative stress in gastric mucosa in helicobacter pylori infection. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, 2000; 19: 21-3.
4 . Maity S, Vedasiromoni JR, Ganguly DK. Role of glutathione in the antiulcer effect of hot water extract of black tea (Camellia Sinensis). Japanese Journal of Pharmacology, 1998; 78: 285-92.
5 . Salim AS. Role of free radical scavengers in the management of refractory duodenal ulceration: a new approach. Journal of Surgical Research, 1994; 56: 45-


In my research I have found the following alternatives that you may want to research:


Manuka Honey - I have read so many testimonials with using this Honey from New Zealand.
  • Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) is a natural treatment for ulcers and has been used with great success to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers. Licorice treats the cause of the ulcers and promotes healing of the digestive _ulcers_licorice_peptic.html#ixzz4L2CbJ4U
  • Olive oil is loaded with omega-9 fats. Just remember, however, extra virgin olive oil is great on salads but not for cooking. If you plan on using a fat to cook with, your clear choice is coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, which is a proven antiviral and immune system builder.
  • Garlic- has been proven to help eradicate the bacteria, by eating one to two fresh cloves a day.


  •  



    Homeopathy: - for a homeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. A homeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to treat the cause of the ulcer as well as the tendency for a relapse. Examples of homeopathic medicines used for stomach ulcers are argentum-nit, arsenic-alb, hydrastis, kali-bichrom, phosphorus, uranium-nit, terebintha, atropine, geranium, natrum-phos, medorrhinum, merc-cor, ornithogalum, lycopodium, pulsatilla and graphites.

    Ayurvedic medicine - widely practiced Holistic treatment in modern India and now steadily gaining popularity in the West. Ayurvedic medicine works on your diet, detoxification and purification techniques, herbal remedies, breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, and massage therapy.

    Vitamins and Minerals - Vitamins A and Beta-carotene, and zinc help the stomach lining to repair and regenerate.

    Other suggested remedies:


    • Green tea
    • peppermint
    • NAC - N-acetyl Cysteine, I can vouch for this. It is an amazing amino acid, that is a precursor to Glutathione
    PREVENTION:

    On Vital Votes, Nutrition Coach Josh Rubin from San Marcos, California adds:
    "There is a 50/50 chance that most have H. Pylori. I have found the symptoms of clients are bloating, gas, diarrhea/constipation, migraines, GERD, etc.  An easy way to treat it besides antibiotics is:
    "1. Make sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly. There is research to show that raw or undercooked chicken is the main culprit.
    "2. Cook your eggs. I know this contradicts most and Dr. Mercola, but there is research to show that raw eggs cause HP.
    "3. There is new research to show that sexual fluids between partners can cause the transfer of HP.
    "4. If you suspect you have it, do the stool test and you can easily treat it with a 6 month protocol of Mastica Gum and Bio HPF. These are herbs that specifically treat the effects of the HP bacteria on the SI, epithelial cells, etc."

    1. Plenty of water (no tap or plastic bottle if possible)
    2. Keep to mainly alkaline-forming foods (80% of diet if possible): vegetables and some fruit.
    3. No sugar, processed food, fried food, dairy (except fermented homemade kefir SUPER DELICIOUS).
    4. Eggs and meat – 20% – and they need to be of the best quality and as close to raw as possible. Eggs – best I’ve found – Vital Farms (Whole Foods, localCoop), meat (100% grass fed only – Eel River beef- Whole Foods), wild game, Wild caught small fish (salmon, sardines, trout,etc)
    5. Beneficial bacteria, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacteria, after antibiotics is treated for helicobacter infection (good probiotics, cultured vegetables – see youtube -, homemade Kiefer from raw milk)


    A little note on low stomach acid:



    Well that is about all I have, there is much more, I am sure, but now you have tidbits for your own research. When it comes to your health; you need to be proactive...

    May you find healing in the DIVINE!!!


    Image result for love, peace and lightJoyfulenergy, Prissy Mae






    1 comment:

    1. Nice story, but why are the images missing? Maybe you can reupload it again. Do you know about Singapore Electric Supply Company?

      ReplyDelete